In accordance with sections 3 and 5 of Article 7 of the Federal Law On Library Services of 29.12.1994 № 78-FZ (as amended on 02.07.2013) the Russian State Library for Young Adults as a public library provides the following principal services to its users:
3. The library user has a right to receive information in any library free of charge about the availability of a document in the library collections.
4. In public libraries citizens have a right to:
1) Become library users upon showing an identity document, for individuals under 14 upon showing their legal representatives’ identity documents;
2) To receive information about the library collections through catalogue systems and other library informational resources free of charge;
3) To receive help and guidance necessary to find and select sources of information free of charge;
4) To borrow any document from the library collections for temporary use free of charge;
5) To borrow documents or copies thereof from other libraries using the interlibrary loan system;
6) To use other services, including services provided for a fee, a list of which is determined by the library’s rules.
5. In state and municipal libraries library users have a right to be served and to receive documents in the Russian language as the official language of the Russian Federation, and in Republics of the Russian Federation also in the official language of the Republic.
Extra free of charge services and facilities for library visitors:
- providing visitors with bibliographical and factual information upon oral or written request;
- wireless internet access throughout the building (free Wi-Fi zone);
- workplaces with computers that provide access to local and remote databases;
- workplaces with electrical outlets for users’ computer equipment;
- 24/7 book return station;
- pre-order and booking of library materials;
- access to electronic periodicals databases, legal databases, an electronic dissertation database, and e-libraries;
- professional psychologist’s education and career advice;
- digital piano with headphones;
- light tables for drawing;
- board games;
- baby changing facilities (for parents with babies);
- taking photographs of the library interiors with a non-professional camera for private use;
- library tours for young adult librarians;
- cultural, educational and recreational events and programmes.